As an artist, sculptor or antiques collector are you thinking about how to transport a piece of work or move an exhibition or even send to a buyer their purchase?
It can seem daunting and overwhelming and some of the shipping terminology can put you off completely.
Well do not fear, here is a handy guide to the information your freight forwarder or art shipping company will need to get you the best and most accurate quote.
It doesn’t matter if you’re sending something within the UK or overseas the same key details are needed to be able to calculate a cost.
1. A start and end location – initially this can be a city at both ends but a post code or zip code will be needed at a later stage to ensure we know where exactly your art is heading.
2. Type of Transport – There are a few options for how your art can travel.
– For smaller items sending them by air can be quick and relatively cost effective.
– For an exhibition or large pieces sending them by sea is the most cost effective however this does take longer.
– For UK travel road freight is probably your best option.
If you are not sure which option is best for you then let us advise you, we can give you the pros and cons and help you make an informed decision.
3. Dimensions – The size of your piece is important for any potential quote you ask for. We need to know the height, width and depth or your work. For unusual items a picture with these dimensions drawn on can also be helpful.
4. Weight – The weight can help us advise you on the most cost effective mode of transport and also if we need to factor anything in when packing your piece.
5. Although you do not need to state at this stage if you want to include insurance, if you wish to find out options of insurance costs then the value of the goods is required.
That’s it, to get your initial quote and start the ball rolling these details will enable us to work out the best possible way to transport your artwork, advise you on potential insurance options you may wish to consider and give you a cost for the job.
At Isca Fine Art we pride ourselves on being able to give you the best customer service. With over 30 years of experience we know that customers like to know what is happening every step of the way and are always here to help and advise with any questions or concerns that arise.
We would be more than happy to offer you a free quote to ship your art or antiques. To request a quote please complete our simple form and we will get back to you shortly.